Images

Images
"Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up that we realize something was actually strange." -Inception

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Hunger Games: First Trailer

It's here...after all that anticipation (and a tease of a first look at the MTV Music Awards), the first trailer for The Hunger Games debuted on Good Morning America this week.  And it is amazing.  The trailer only reveals plot points from the first half of the movie, showing us glimpses of the reaping and Katniss and Peeta's transformations.  Very little is shown from the battles in the arena which I think was a wise movie, keep the good stuff for the actual movie.  Many trailers these days end up spoiling the whole movie.


First impression: wow!!! The trailer has gotten me really interested in the upcoming movie.  Jennifer Lawrence's Katniss is as feisty and kickass from the books and Josh Hutcherson seems perfect as Peeta.  Still not sure about Liam Hemsworth as Gale but I've never felt he was a strong character even in the books.  The trailer gives us little teases of all the major characters: Cinna, Effie Trinket, Rue, President Snow and Caesar Flickman.  Woody Harrelson's Haymitch is not at all how I imagined the character when I read the books, the hair is seriously off putting.  Other than, I got chills when I saw Katniss' three-finger salute from District 12.  This movie is going to be epic.  I realize I like saying that about every trailer I see but it seems fitting for this film. March 2012 cannot come soon enough.  What did you think? Are you looking forward to The Hunger Games trilogy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...