Images

Images
"Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up that we realize something was actually strange." -Inception

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Countdown to Oscar - Best Animated Film

If you know me well, you'll know that I'm an Oscar geek.  I live for Oscar day.  I can't sleep the night before and I love the anticipation in the months previous to the big day.  So, it's late November now and the campaign juggernaut is officially started.  Let's get going.


Here are the 15 candidates for Best Animated Film for 2010.  That's the good news, guys.  The bad news?  Only 3 of them will be competing for the big prize come Oscar night.


The Shortlist
Alpha and Omega
Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore
Despicable Me
The Dreams of Jinsha
How to Train Your Dragon
Idiots and Angels
The Illusionist
Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole
Megamind
My Dog Tulip
Shrek Forever After
Summer Wars
Tangled
Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue
Toy Story 3
My Pick: Well, Toy Story 3 and How to Train Your Dragon have practically already booked their spot.  Everyone else is fighting for the lone third spot.  I'd say it's between Legends of the Guardians, Tangled and The Illusionist.  But don't count out My Dog Tulip or Idiots and Angels either.  Tough race this year and I wish it was expanded to include 5 nominees.  But rules are rules.  We'll find out when the nominations are announced on January 25th, 2011.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...